I got back today from an extended weekend in Boston- an excellent trip with fun had by all. Consequently I didn't get any work done while away, but I did get a good amount of work done on the new Emperor's Champion this evening. I've finished the pre-wash bone and black armor parts. I've got to paint all of the red tomorrow and then clean up the places that I messed up. The contrast is pretty high on the model. I went from fairly dark colors (dark brown and black) to pretty light colors (ivory and a lighter grey). The depth that it appears to give is cool. I feel like a lot of my miniatures remind me of El Greco paintings when they are done.
|El Greco. The Burial of Count Orgaz.|
|El Greco. St. John the Evangelist.|
I also got my shipment of additional bits and some Krylon Fusion flat black spray paint. I picked up some cheap auctions and a whole Dreadknight (well, nearly whole) for easily 40% off. This means that I can respray the models I stripped last week and add some additional bits to them that I wanted to add in the first place.
I'll have some pictures of the new guy tomorrow- hopefully completed!